Feat. Joy-n-Jesus

Today, I'm featuring a very sweet girl with a very beautiful name... Jewels!
She is the author of the blog Joy-n-Jesus and is a very creative and crafty young woman!
Well, take a look here-below at what she's made for Christmas and then hop on over to her blog and leave a sweet comment. I know this would make her day!

**************************************************

Happy Friday! Don't you love Fridays? Oh, I do! They mean more time with family and it always gives me the motivation to do something fun! Here is what I did!
So After seeing my sweet and creative friend Tanya's Advent Calendar it inspired me to create this. I just love banners, and this was fun and easy! I started by digging through a past scrapbooking kit from Personal Scrapper, grabbed some papers and was off. I loved the polka dot one so I found papers that had the same color scheme and laid them across my kitchen table.  Then I measured my fire place mantel from one end to the other, which was about 63, and divided that by 25. With my measurements I knew that I could make each piece 2 to 2.5 inches and that is what I did and cut the triangle at the bottom for effect. Just like my girl "T." 
With all 25 spread across my table I cut the twine the length of the fire place mantel and placed a thin line of glue on #1 first and then slowly made my way down the twine: glue, twine, glue, twine...
 On the back we placed the activities we will do each day. Or if you don't want to plan ahead too much you can do a couple at a time. I adhered the 3x5 card with a small piece of scotch tape so we could remove on each day. If you want some great ideas for activities you can check out Little Joyful Moments or Tanya's post.
 And here is what it looked like all finished on the fire place. 

Have a blessed Friday and may the JOY of Christmas bless you and your family!


And there's more.....

Hey! Hey! Hope your December is peaceful and you are able to stop and take in the many Joys of the Lord this Christmas season!  I am sure the Christmas cards are starting to roll in and pile up on those counters. Today I want to share a simple Christmas Card Solution I created. I used twine, ornaments, mini stockings, and all the cards people send us. Check out the video below...
Christmas Cards are one of the precious joys in the Christmas season! Especially the ones with pictures!  Love the simplicity of a card, love that it is not overspending, yet it blesses others and 
expresses the true meaning of Christmas!




   If you are interested I picked up the stockings at in the dollar bin at Target (that's my spot lately) :) and also picked up the bling, mini, red ornaments which I love! Hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to check out the giveaway I am doing Here! Have a blessed day, and enjoy today!

Blessings,
Jewels
*************************************



2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    Happy friday blog hop! I am following you via friend google connect and networked blog. It would be nice if you could follow me back. http://ladyofthereel.blogspot.com/
    Tnx!
    clavel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you, I'm new to your blog and have enjoyed looking around. I'm now following you so I can visit you often if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back if you like so nice to find new friends. I look forward to keeping in touch in 2012, Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover